Thursday, March 15, 2012

The direct approach

Hello again, faithful readers. It appears somehow I've picked up a bit of a late-winter cold, which is a bit odd considering how wonderful the weather has been this past week. My throat feels as though it's been run through a cheese grater, and my sinuses have been throbbing off and on. I suppose it could be allergies, but in either case it's less incapacitating than it is an inconvenience.

Tuesday saw Stalking the Job take a more direct approach - rather than simply walking around the city hoping to catch people's eye, I instead targeted selected agencies and organizations in the west end of the city and walked inside to meet, greet and press some flesh. But just as with my outdoor campaign, faithful readers, I was ever-mindful to not exceed whatever welcome was afforded me in the offices and studios I entered. In one or two cases, the people I needed to speak to were otherwise occupied with meetings or strategy sessions, and I'll have to make a point of returning (and perhaps even phoning ahead!) - but I was also tipped to a job opening, which I've applied for (through more conventional channels). I should like to thank the woman who let me know about that opening, but I'm afraid I didn't catch her name and in any event I didn't ask her permission to mention her name on the blog. Perhaps I'll do so if I'm given the opportunity to return to that agency for a sit-down meeting. In any event, Tuesday was an outstanding day all around.

It's a genuine pleasure to see the patios of Toronto once again filling up. Spring brings with it a certain lightness of being that, while largely indefinable, is nonetheless quite palpable. Of course, feeling slightly under the weather I've perhaps been a bit more guarded with my own sense of optimism - but smiles and laughter are themselves infectious, and so I've let myself be buoyed by the good weather.

Wednesday went by very quickly, with my niece Emma stopping by in the evening for her After Effects session. We spent a good long while not discussing AE at all, as it happens - but now she knows more about her Currie heritage, and we both know more about each other - and I'm very, very proud of my niece. I hope to be able to feature some of her work here in these pages at some point in the near future. I'm afraid that's really all of what I have to report on so far this week, folks but... as always, I'll see you around.

Have you seen That QR Code Guy?

Tuesday's fine weather and a burning sense of curiousity prompted Ray Wali, President & Creative Strategy Officer of Mango Moose Media, to take a shot of That QR Code Guy in Liberty Village:

Taken March 13th by @raywali

Thanks for the pic, Ray - and also for uploading it via Twitter. If you've taken a photo of That QR Code Guy in his journeys around Toronto, Stalking the Job wants to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment