Friday, February 10, 2012

Radio, radio

Good evening, faithful readers...

Well, after a long, hard work week I hope you're all looking forward to a restful (if chilly) weekend here in Toronto. Post my return home from another day of thoughtfully wandering the streets of the city, I have some news to report for Stalking the Job: a little while ago, I was on the phone with Dan Jacobs of Newstalk 1010 Radio, and - tomorrow morning at 6:45AM, I will be appearing on The Morning Show with Larry Fedoruk!

Note to self: program the coffeemaker before going to bed tonight. Otherwise I'll feel like Bob looks:



Some have been asking me about the QR code harness I wear. Well, the front and rear panels are 18" x 24" canvas boards that I picked up from Curry's Art Store. The shoulder straps were harvested and re-purposed from a Roots backpack that was kicking around my sister-in-law's basement. The straps are held in place with bolts & washers drilled through some thin planks of pine, with all the edges sanded down so as not to snag my suit-jacket. The velcro strips holding the laminated QR codes, and the side-straps that keep the panels from blowing in the wind were all purchased at a dollar store. So all in all, it's quite inexpensively made; the material costs for the sandwich board having come in well below twenty dollars.

The QR code was freely generated online, and after having converted it from a .png file to an Adobe Illustrator file, I was then able to scale it up for print purposes. Of course, the larger dimensions (and the lamination) dictated that I would have to have the job printed professionally - and I'd like to thank Hamilton Choi of Printland for helping me out on short notice.

Well, that's all for now, folks. Other than tomorrow's interview I've got a fairly full plate for Saturday, but hey - I'll see you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment