Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Third time lucky

Well, faithful readers, it appears that Stalking the Job has made a ripple in the Big Media pond: yes, after rousting myself out of bed and into my QR code harness for yet another day of roaming the streets of the city, I finally managed to get the attention of the folks inside the Star building.

As I watched the Star employees trickling in to No. 1 Yonge Street, I couldn't help but notice how grim they all seemed. Grim, and determined - certainly determined to make as little eye contact as possible. Not that I fault them for it; no doubt they see more than their fair share of oddballs and ideologues at Toronto's largest daily newspaper. But was I about to be deterred? Heck, no. I simply ratcheted up my winningest smile, and proceeded to terrify the Star employees by cheerfully greeting them as they walked by. To be honest, when Richard J. Brennan (their National Affairs Writer) came outside to see what was going on, I initially thought maybe I'd finally managed to tick somebody off to the extent they were about to tell me to sod off - but I couldn't've been more wrong. Of course, as I was out all day canvassing various parts of the city, I had no idea they'd even decided to run the story (not, at least until I'd heard from my sister-in-law, who'd seen it online during her lunch break).


I'd like to extend a special, warm Stalking the Job thanks to Richard Brennan for running my tale, as now the entire city knows of my one-man crusade... and who knows? Perhaps it might lead to something worthwhile.

And as always - I'll see you around.


No comments:

Post a Comment